How to Choose the Baby Diaper that Works Best for You
Expectant and new mothers need to stock up on diapers. Babies go through several of them in just one day.
While there are many variations and different brands, you really have only two options: cloth or disposable diapers. In some cases it is a matter of preference and in others based on certain needs or strong beliefs. In the following, we will examine the differences, pros and cons to each, and let you decide which one is best for you and your baby!
There is constant debate as to which one is better. On one hand, cloth diapers are much cheaper because they are reusable and washable. However, babies tend to get more rashes with cloth diapers because it doesn’t absorb the wetness as effectively. So what you might save on disposable diapers you may turn around spending on diaper rash cream.
On the other hand, there is the disposable diaper. It absorbs wetness really well and is very convenient. You don’t need to worry about washing because you simply throw them away after use. One disadvantage is the ongoing expense. Plus, they take years to biodegrade. For those who are environmentally conscious and aware, this may be a big thing to consider. In this case, there are now eco-friendly options. How awesome it that!
Below are a few of the pros and cons of each diaper type
- They’re very convenient. When you need to change your baby’s diaper, all you need to do is rip out the old one and slap on the new.
- They are available practically everywhere and can come in many different sizes and varieties.
- They don’t “really” leak. The cloth underneath the cotton mesh was designed for absorbency.
- Once your baby has been potty trained, you just stop buying them. You save on space on won’t have too many extras lying around the house.
- You need to dispose of them away from your house or in a seal-tight container. Otherwise, your entire house could smell.
- Disposable diapers take hundreds of years to totally disintegrate. If you are trying to be eco-friendly, then a disposable diaper is certainly out of the question.
- Disposable diapers can be costly.
- They cost less. All you need to do is wash them once you remove them from your baby.
- You can truly call yourself a responsible citizen with you eco-friendly ways.
- They need constant washing. It could be time-consuming and inconvenient, especially if you’re a working mother.
- They leak and are not as absorbent.
- If you don’t plan to have another baby, you’re basically stuck with a lot of diapers.
If you want the best of both worlds, we offer the new and popular biodegradable, eco-friendly diapers. These may be the solution to mothers who want what’s best for everybody.
We respect everyone’s decision to do what they feel is best for them and, thus, we offer both varieties. You can check them out below or visit our Totz Diaper Collection located at the top of every page.
We've got your bums covered!!!\